Sep 27, 2007

What could this be???

For the last few mornings, I have been waking up high with bg's in the 160's. I was wondering if I could have been having overnight lows since I have been going to bed aroung 95. I thought this would explain the high in the morning-that my liver was probably reacting to the low??
I was encouraged to test at bedtime, 3 am, and then 6am. I went to bed at 107, came in at 94 at 3 in the morning, and then 145 fasting this morning at 6am. This morning spike has only been occuring in the mornings and for the last week or so. Other than that, my numbers are excellent. If anyone has any idea what could be going on, I'd luv to hear from you.

1 comment:

Nicole P said...

It's may be something called dawn phenomenon. The liver releasing sugar in the AM hours.

More about it here:
http://www.diabetic-talk.org/dp.htm

But, I would encourage you to do more than one night of testing - my doc always says to identify patterns - and a pattern is defined as something that happens 3 out of 4 days in any given 4 day period.

That said, I'm on a pump and my most significant jump in basal rate of the day comes in the morning, to account for my dawn phenomenon.