Apr 29, 2008

A1C and More Numbers

I went to the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I'm sorry but I had to do that!

I love my doctor's office. They are so efficient. I walk in and sign in and then sit for about 3 minutes. Then, the lab lady calls me and before I know it they have weighed me, taken my bp, and drained a good deal of blood from my poor little arm.

Then it is off to the waiting area which is well-stocked with the latest issues of many diabetes related magazines. Then, I do what I call the "Read and Freeze" which is me reading while I am sitting their freezing-that would be my only complaint. It is cold!

"Susan", I hear the dr. call me. Off I go into the little room where she is able to pull all of my results up immediately. AMAZING!

Overall, my numbers are good. I am a little disappointed that my A1C went up a tad from 6.5% to 6.7%. Not sure how much a difference that makes, all I know is that is heading the wrong direction. My cholesterol and blood pressure are "excellent" according to my doctor. I lost 5 pounds from my last visit also.

I guess I thought I would have more results with the weight loss. Dr. says it is probably because I am building muscle. I feel like I lost 15 pounds. My pants are getting baggy. Basically, the doctor told me to keep doing what I am doing and the results will come. I really want good control from my bg so I am also going on Byetta in addition to the metformin and amaryl. So we shall see.



No comments: