Apr 23, 2008

Bye Bye...Laziness

Well, I hate to say it but it has been 4 days since I have worked out. 2 of the days were planned rest days, and the other 2...well..were unplanned lazy days.

I am proud of myself though for what I have accomplished this past month. I've stuck to working out and I am not giving up.

It seems like the day to day can really be trying sometimes. I commute an hour to and from work and that is on a good day. I get home hungry and many times I grab a snack and off I go the gym. However, yesterday I had to stay late and meet some deadlines so I was an hour past my normal schedule. Long story short, by the time I got home, I was beyond hungry....more like starvin marvin! Traffic was bad and I was tired, so needless to say I ate dinner and passed on the gym. Not my best decision.

Today, I will get home and get my work out in. It is something that hopefully can become as routine as washing my face and brushing my teeth.

The one positive thing is that normally, if I missed too many days, I would just unconsciously say, "what the heck", and not return to exercise. But, I love it. I do. Plain and simple. Sometimes I just need a kick in the B-hind to get going. Don't get me wrong, I truly am far from lazy. After work, I have to cook, clean the dishes, check homework for 3 kids, attend practices and games etc. I have a lot of room to make excuses, so I say OUT with the excuses. I have to make it a point to squeeze in exercise for me no matter how busy I think I am.

No comments: