Apr 8, 2008

Worked out on my Anniversary!!!!

Yesterday was my 16th Wedding Anniversary! My husband surprised me with a yummy steak and roasted asparagus dinner. It was wonderful and he gave me the most romantic card. I love him so much. We did not go away this time only because we are saving $$$ for our trip to Disney next month.


I even made it to the gym last night. Of all days, I still made it. I am happily surprised at myself. This would definitely be a day where I would say, "this is a special day so I will skip the work out and the meal plan". I have come to realize that there are just too many days where I can say this. My son's birthday is coming up this weekend too. I think I have finally reached a point where I can do this for ME. The point where I am taking the time to take care of myself and get healthier. This makes my third week, and doesn't 3 weeks of doing something make it a habit??? Please tell me it is so! I am feeling great and sleeping like a baby.


I forgot my medication at home this morning. My blood sugar was at 138 after breakfast of lowfat no sugar added chocolate milk and a fiber one bar. I think that is decent. Right now, I am at 95, with my stomach growling as I type. I plan to eat a grilled chicken salad from Chik Fil A since that is about the healthiest affordable meal to have where I work. I hope my BG holds steady until I get home this evening. I think it is the working out that is making everything work better right now. Either that or it is the residual medication that is still in my system.

No comments: