Apr 4, 2008

Wow...I have muscles!

I have been working out hard for a couple of weeks now. I'm talking about at least 5 days a week. I know that is not much of track record but it is for ME. Usually, I would work out one day and wake up extremely sore, and never go back. That of course has not worked out too well for me. This time around I have been working through that initial agonizing pain. MY body was literally in shock & screaming at me!

Luckily I have been able to get past it and now
I am
LOVING it!!! I have been combining both cardio and resistance training.
It
has
been like two weeks and I am seeing and feeling muscle definition
in
my
legs and
arms. I am so psyched!

My blood sugar has been doing very good. Although, I know I will soon have to go to the doctor to discuss changing my medicine-reducing dosage. There was one instance, where I was going to the gym to work out. I tested my bg as I always do before I begin. It was 81. I had just eaten like one hour prior. So, I left the gym and purchased some orange juice. I chugged it down and waited like ten minutes. What the heck? Tested again and it was 77. I was ticked, thinking "what the heck is going on? Here I am finally doing what I am supposed to do and I cannot even work out!" I went home and made a fruit smoothie. Tested again and it was 110. Finally, it was up to a better number, although I usually like to be 130-140 before I work out. Anyways, I unloaded and loaded my dishwasher before I was going to go back to the gym. I decided to test again- this was only 30 minutes later and OMG it was back to 81! Needless to say, I decided to make that day my off day and just chill. I
Then last night, after working out my bg was 88, so I completely skipped my evening dose of medication. I am on Metformin and Amaryl.
Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled for my need of less medication. It is just tricky during this time now that I am eating very healthy and working out hard. I am testing my blood at least 8 times a day and fingers are really starting to hurt.

No comments: