Apr 10, 2008

Routines can be a good thing

No more overly intense work outs for me. Not only did my sugar spike upwards, but yesterday my calves were so tight it was hard for me to walk normal. My co-workers were laughing at me.
I am all for a good work out BUT I have to remember that I am still a beginner at this-trying to make it a permanent part of my daily life. My new routine has been to get on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes-love the cardio. Then I will work out my arms or legs on the machines for 15-20 minutes. Then twice a week I have been meeting with a personal trainer to switch things up and keep me motivated.

However, I don't think they really take in to account that everyone is at a different level. It has only been almost 3 weeks for me. The guy I got on Tuesday was working me HARD. For a second, I thought I was in boot camp. When I meet with him on Monday, I will have to let him know to relax- a bit.

But, the positive thing is that I am working out. I feel a daily need to do it now. I make the time instead of excuses. I never thought I would get to this point. It feels great. I am noticing my pants are feeling a bit loose and I am feeling strong! I will keep on!



No comments: